High Cost of Readmissions
According to the US Department of Health and Human Services, an estimated 75% of readmissions are preventable. These unplanned readmissions can lead to increased costs for hospitals and health care organizations. In some cases, the medical bills may never be paid or reimbursed. In others, Medicare may levy fines for excessive three-day readmission rates. In those situations, this can translate to:
- Fines as high as 3% of a provider’s Medicare reimbursement
- $10,000 to $15,000 in added expenses for every avoidable readmission
A Comprehensive Reference
Post Care Benefits
Improving Patient Outcomes
Empower patients to manage their own care with discharge folders. By preparing one source for appointment dates and times, discharge instructions, phone numbers and medication schedules, healthcare providers help patients to be prepared throughout the healing process.
- Drive patient satisfaction
- Reinforce the organization’s brand
- Improve patient outcomes
- Organize discharge information
- Avoid excessive readmission rates
- Increase HCAHPS scores
- Inform patients and families
Healthcare Discharge Folders are branded tools that help hospitals organize patient information about diagnosis, required or recommended continued care and available hospital resources. Effective use of the hospital folders can prevent readmissions, improve outcomes, and increase HCAHPS scores.